Zack Cox; University of Arkansas photo
Links from around the Kentucky college baseball:
- C. L. Brown of the Courier-Journal reports the University of Louisville baseball team says making a NCAA regional is no longer good enough.
- Western Kentucky University signee and Hawesville native Mike Mosby has will sign with the Baltimore Orioles as the team’s 14th round selection instead of attending WKU, Nick Baumgardner of the Bowling Green Daily News reports.
- Pleasure Ridge Park alum and Arkansas third baseman Zack Cox was named a first-team All American by Kendall Rogers of Yahoo! Sports and Rivals.com.
College summer leagues around the country are starting play this week. BluGrass Baseball will have coverage of the Lexington Hustlers of the Great Lakes League, but I wanted to update you as to where other Kentucky collegians will play this summer. Western Kentucky University has released its summer lineup so we’ll start with them:
- OF Jared Andreoli — Green Bay Bullfrogs — Northwoods League
- OF Kes Carter — Peninsula Pilots — Coastal Plains League
- SS Logan Robbins — Peninsula Pilots — Coastal Plains League
- 3B Mike Mosby — Peninsula Pilots — Coastal Plains League*
- INF Blake Crabtree — Winchester Royals — Valley Leauge
- C Ryan Huck — Winchester Royals — Valley Leauge
- RHP Brian Edelen — New Market Rebels — Valley Leauge
- LHP Tanner Perkins — Lexington Hustlers — Great Lakes League
- RHP Taylor Haydel — Nashville Outlaws — Prospect League
- RHP Andrew Zimmerman — Owensboro Oilers — KIT League
- RHP Caleb Hanes — Owensboro Oilers — KIT League
* Mosby signed to play with WKU for the 2011 season but was the Orioles 14th round draft pick.