Steve Brown’s 2-4, one home run, two RBI performance was a rare highlight on a winless night in the Bluegrass Saturday. Check out that storyline and more in these Sunday morning links.
- Brown’s two RBI were Lexington’s only runs in a 6-2 loss to Asheville.
- Mike Sheridan had two RBI on his birthday for Bowling Green, but the Hot Rods fell 9-2 to Greenville.
- Twins prospect Phillip Humber allowed no earned runs in a 3-2 victory over Louisville.
- The Southtown Star writes about Louisville pitcher Tony Zych’s freshman All-American honor.
- Brett Dawson at the Courier-Journal reports that UK has chosen a firm to negotiate financing for facilities renovations including a new baseball stadium.