The state’s college baseball teams are back in action starting this afternoon on a beautiful day for baseball in the Bluegrass. I’ve linked athletic department previews when available and included WKU’s probable starters. Probable pitchers are harder to come by during the week as most are chosen on a fill-in basis and the bullpens end up pitching most of the game. We have one intrastate game this week with Morehead hosting Transy on Wednesday.
- University of Louisville (10) vs. Indiana — 3 p.m.
- University of Kentucky (22) vs. Evansville — 3 p.m.
- Western Kentucky University vs. Tennessee — 3 p.m. — RHP Taylor Haydel
- Eastern Kentucky University @ UNC Greensboro — 6 p.m.
- Murray State University vs. Arkansas St. — 2 p.m. (CT)
- UK (22) vs. Evansville — 4 p.m.
- WKU @ Mississippi St. — 4 p.m. (CT) –RHP Brian Edelen
- EKU @ North Carolina A&T — 3 p.m.
- Morehead State University vs. Transylvania University — 5 p.m.
UK Athletics Wallpaper
If you missed it, the Yankees are now up 3-1 in the ALCS against the Angels. With New York and Philadelphia both just a victory away from the world series we may be looking at a Joe Blanton game three or four start in Philadelphia against the Yankees. But Tuesday was full of Kentucky college news, so here are some links to get you caught up:
- Aaron Fitt at Baseball America answers a question from a Lexington reader about former UK coach John Cohen in his college recruiting chat.
- UK Athletics has a news release about the BA recruiting class rankings.
- The Swiss Cheese team, behind freshman Kyle Grieshaber, earned the win in game one of UofL Baseball’s Fall Pizza Bowl scrimmage.
- WKU Baseball is continuing fall practice before its fall scrimmage on Nov. 5-7.
- Murray State baseball has released its 2010 schedule.
- Chris Heisey was 3-4 with two runs and a double for Peoria in the Arizona Fall League. Yonder Alonso was 1-5. Bats reliever Sean Watson pitched two scoreless innings while former Legend Daniel Meszaros surrendered two runs in one-third inning.