Only one Kentucky minor league team was in action Tuesday, but there was still plenty of baseball news in the Bluegrass. Here are some morning links to get you through the early hours:
- Matt Maloney earned his seventh win of the season in 5-2 Louisville victory over Buffalo.
- Lexington and Bowling Green were both off Tuesday. The Legends start a four-game series against the Lake County Captains tonight and Bowling Green will face the Hagerstown Suns for four games starting Wednesday.
- Lexington native Robbie Ross continues to dominate short-season ball in his first season. He earned his third win of the season with five shutout innings.
- Mark Sheldon at MLB.com has a feature about former Louisville catcher Craig Tatum’s recent big league call-up.
- Former WKU third baseman Wade Gaynor and Murray State pitcher Daniel Calhoun were named first-team All-Americans by CollegeBaseballInsider.com.
- Mark Maloney at the Herald-Leader previews Lexington’s series with Lake County.