Steve Brown’s 2-4, one home run, two RBI performance was a rare highlight on a winless night in the Bluegrass Saturday. Check out that storyline and more in these Sunday morning links.
- Brown’s two RBI were Lexington’s only runs in a 6-2 loss to Asheville.
- Mike Sheridan had two RBI on his birthday for Bowling Green, but the Hot Rods fell 9-2 to Greenville.
- Twins prospect Phillip Humber allowed no earned runs in a 3-2 victory over Louisville.
- The Southtown Star writes about Louisville pitcher Tony Zych’s freshman All-American honor.
- Brett Dawson at the Courier-Journal reports that UK has chosen a firm to negotiate financing for facilities renovations including a new baseball stadium.
Lexington Legends vs. Asheville Tourists
- The Legends will send top prospect Ross Seaton to the mound for the opener of the homestand tonight against Asheville. Seaton is 8-8 with a 2.67 ERA on the season. The right-handed pitcher has 69 strikeouts in 111.1 innings pitched. Seaton’s 2.67 ERA is fourth best in the South Atlantic League.
- Outfielder Brian Pellegrini leads the Legends offensive attack against Asheville. In five games against the Tourists this season, Pellegrini is 8-20 (.400) with three home runs and six RBI. Kyle Greenwalt, Patrick Urckfitz and Robert Bono have Lexington’s three wins against Asheville.
- Lexington will have to watch out for Asheville shortstop Thomas Field. Field is 6-17 (.353) with three RBI in five games against the Legends this season. Parker Frazier, Dan Houston and Juan Nicasio each have a win for Asheville against the Legends.
- Asheville will send Houston to the mound tonight against the Legends. Houston is 1-1 with a 3.65 ERA against Lexington this season and is 5-8 with a 3.95 ERA for the season. Dan has 92 strikeouts in 109.1 innings and is holding opponents to a .269 batting average.