Each of the three Kentucky minor league teams played Tuesday evening despite the flash flooding and severe thunderstorms that swept through the state early in the day. Check out that action and more in Wednesday’s hot links:
- Reds prospect Travis Wood rebounded from a poor second start in AAA to pitch seven shutout innings in a 2-0 Louisville victory. Wood’s performance moved him back into first place in the minor league ERA race a 1.44 for the season.
- Lexington lost 4-3 in extra innings to Greenville.
- The Hot Rods probably wish their game had been rained out after a 7-0 loss to Asheville.
- Lafayette High School alumni Chaz Roe recorded his fifth win in a complete game performance for AA Tulsa.
- UK alum Michael Bertram was 2-3 with a home run and four RBI for AA Erie. Bertram is batting .409 since his promotion to AA.
- The Cincinnati Enquirer breaks down Independent Florence Freedom’s pitcher Preston Vancil and his reinvention of the term “pitch count.”