Chris Wallace; BluGrass Baseball photo
Highlights from Saturday Kentucky MiLB action:
- The Louisville Bats scored two runs in the first inning and rode a strong pitching performance from left-handed pitcher Tom Cochran to a 3-1 win over Buffalo. Cochran improved to 4-0 on the season after surrendering three hits in six shutout innings while striking out four batters and walking three.
- The Lexington Legends held off a late rally in an 8-6 win over Hagerstown. Designated hitter Chris Wallace was 2-4 with one home run, one RBI and two runs scored, and center fielder Emilio King was 3-5 with one home run, two RBI and two runs scored in his Legends debut.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods outhit Great Lakes 6-4 but could not avoid a 3-2 loss. Third baseman Robby Price was 2-3 with one RBI and one run scored.
- Richmond native and former UK outfielder Keenan Wiley was 3-3 with one RBI for high A Lynchburg.
- Paducah native Jonathan Roof was 3-4 with one double and one RBI for low A Hickory.
- Walton native and former NKU outfielder Jake Shaffer was 2-4 with one double and two runs scored for AA Jackson.
- Hawesville native and former WKU infielder Wade Gaynor was 2-4 with one double and one RBI for high A Lakeland.
- London native Jon Townsend homered and drove in two runs in his return from the disabled list for high A Inland Empire.
- Highland Heights native and former NKU right-handed pitcher Josh Lueke earned his second save since his demotion to AAA after recording the final two outs of AAA Tacoma’s win.
- Former Murray St. right-handed pitcher Mike Perconte earned his third win of the season after recording one out for AA Frisco.
Chris Dominguez; UofL Photo
Highlights from Sunday Kentucky MiLB action:
- The Louisville Bats won the team’s third consecutive game with a 5-1 win over Toledo. Two-time National League all–star Dontrelle Willis earned the win after surrendering three hits in six shutout innings while striking out five batter and walking one.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods used a seven-run seventh inning to earn a 12-9 win over Dayton. Second baseman Robby Price slugged his first home run, and catcher Lucas Bailey was 2-5 with two RBI and two runs scored.
- The Lexington Legends scored in every other inning in a 12-4 win over Charleston to earn a series split. Third baseman Michael Kvasnicka was 4-5 with three RBI and four runs scored, and right-handed pitcher Carlos Quevedo earned the win after surrendering three runs on seven hits in six innings.
- Former UofL infielder Chris Dominguez was 3-5 with two home runs, three RBI and two runs scored for high A San Jose.
- Lexington native and former UK infielder Michael Bertram was 4-5 with one double and one run scored for AA Erie.
- Former UK outfielder Sawyer Carroll slugged his first home run and drove in two runs for AA San Antonio.
- Former UK infielder Chris Bisson was 2-3 with one walk and one run scored for low A Fort Wayne.
- Richmond native and former UK outfielder Keenan Wiley was 2-3 with one triple, one walk and two RBI for low A Rome.
- Former UofL first baseman Andrew Clark was 2-3 with one double and one RBI for low A Hickory.
- Covington native and former NKU outfielder Jake Shaffer had his third straight multi-hit game for AA Jackson with a 2-5 performance.
- Former Murray St. right-handed pitcher Mike Perconte earned his first win of the season after pitching one and one-third scoreless innings for AA Frisco.
The Bowling Green Hot Rods have released the team’s 2011 Opening Day roster, which is headlined by a former UofL slugger. Check out the roster below with the town where the player resides and information about how he was acquired by the Rays:
- RHP Jairo De La Rosa — Santo Domingo, DR — FA (2002)
- RHP Nate Garcia — San Jose, Cal. — 16th round (2010)
- RHP Stephen Hiscock — Beacon Falls, Conn. — FA (2010)
- RHP Austin Hubbard — Auburn, Ala. — 14th round (2010)
- RHP George Jensen — Eagen, Minn. — 46th round (2010)
- RHP William Kline — Belden, Miss. — 2nd round (2007)
- LHP Braulio Lara — San Pedro de Macoris, DR — FA (2008)
- RHP Victor Mateo — Santo Domingo, DR — FA (2006)
- LHP Jimmy Patterson — Tempe, Ariz. — 18th round (2010)
- LHP Chris Rearick — Pooler, Ga. — 41st round (2010)
- LHP C. J. Riefenhauser — Mahopac, N.Y. — 20th round (2010)
- RHP Wilking Rodriguez — Puerto Cabello, VZ — FA 2007
- LHP Enny Romero — Santo Domingo, DR — FA 2008
- LHP Matthew Stabelfield — Turlock, Cal. — 41st round (2009)
- RHP Eliazer Suero — Haina, DR — FA 2007
- Lucas Bailey — LaGrange, Ga. — 4th round (2009)
- Kyle Holloway — Deerfield Beach, Fla. — FA (2001)
- Alejandro Torres — Caracas, VZ — FA (2006)
- Phil Wunderlich — Louisville, Ky. — 12th round (2010)
- Derek Dietrich — Clermont, Fla. — 2nd round (2010)
- Robi Estrada — El Segundo, Cal. — 19th round (2006)
- Hector Guevara — San Felix, VZ — FA (2008)
- Todd Glaesmann — Woodway, Tex. — 3rd round (2009)
- Kevin Klermaier — Ft. Wayne, Ind. — 31st round (2010)
- Cody Rogers — White Oak, Tex. — 7th round (2009)
- Nick Schwaner — Slidell, La. — 30th round (2010)