Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Jason Beck of MLB.com profiles former UK first baseman Ryan Streiby, who says he is ready to put a nagging wrist injury behind him though doctors say he may never permanently get over the problem.
- Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports the Twins have penciled in Lexington Catholic alum Ben Revere to start the season at AAA Rochester, but won’t hesitate to call him up in 2011 if needed.
- The Louisville Bats have extended their affiliation with the Cincinnati Reds through 2014.
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods have named Ryan Gates, formerly of the independent Lake Erie Crushers, as the franchise’s new general manager.
- The University of Louisville, and most other college teams, opened practice Friday. The Cards welcomed St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Adam Wainwright and Bats manager Rick Sweet to campus for the Louisville Baseball Leadoff Dinner.
- Cincinnati Reds pitcher and offseason Louisville resident Matt Maloney also got in a workout with the Cards according to his twitter account.
- Murray State University opened practice Friday at the school’s football stadium, where they will stay until the weather improves.