Standout Bowling Green Hot Rods performances from June:
Hitter of the month: C Mark Thomas
- Stats: 27-77 (.351), 2 HR, 13 RBI, 12 R
- Honorable Mention: Tyler Bortnick, Brett Nommensen, Ty Morrison, Ryan Wiegand
Pitcher of the month: LHP Kyle Lobstein
- Stats: 4-0, 1.19 ERA, 27 SO/10 BB, 30.1 IP
- Honorable Mention: Kirby Yates, Alex Koronis, Shane Dyer, Scott Shuman
May’s standout performances from the Bowling Green Hot Rods:
Hitter of the month: SS Tyler Bortnick
- Stats: 31-94 (.330), 2 HR, 12 RBI, 18 R, 6 SB
- Honorable Mention: Christopher Murrill, Brett Nommensen, Tyler Morrison
Pitcher of the month: RHP Alexander Colome
- Stats: 4-1, 0.93 ERA, 5 GS, 26 SO, 29 IP
- Honorable Mention: Jason McEachern, Shane Dyer, Kirby Yates, Scott Shuman
We’re back on the April minor league award series with the Bowling Green Hot Rods. The first month of the season wasn’t kind to the Hot Rods, who stumbled out of the gate to the tune of a 5-17 record. Check out Bowling Green’s standout April performances below:
Hitter of the month: C Mark Thomas
- Stats: .298/.365/.426 — 2 HR, 7 RBI, 5 R
- It says a lot about the Hot Rods’ first month that the team’s most productive hitter played in just 14 of 23 games. Thomas led Bowling Green with two home runs, ranked second on the team with seven RBI and if he would have played in enough games to qualify for the percentage categories he would have led the team in batting average, on-base percentage, slugging percentage and OPS.
- Honorable Mention: OF Christopher Murrill, 1B Ryan Wiegand
Pitcher of the month: RHP Shane Dyer
- Stats: 1-2, 2.17 ERA, 20 SO/3 BB, 29 IP
- If Dyer was upset at being sent back to Bowling Green to start 2010 he’s making his case for a promotion. The 2008 6th-round pick led the team in ERA and innings pitched. He even tallied a complete-game shutout in the month.
- Honorable Mention: RHP Alexander Colome, RHP Wilking Rodriguez, RHP Kirby Yates
The Bowling Green Hot Rods have released their 2010 Opening Day roster for its first season in the Midwest League. The Hot Rods will feature four players, right-handed pitchers Shane Dyer, Jairo De La Rosa and Deivis Mavares and infielder Robi Estrada, who spent part of 2009 with the team. Five 2010 Hot Rods were ranked by Baseball America on the Tampa Bay Rays’ top 30 prospects list, and I’ve included those rankings next to the players’ name below.
- RHP Alexander Colome (BA #7) — NDFA (2007)
- RHP Jairo De La Rosa — NFDA (2002)
- RHP Shane Dyer — 6th Round (2008)
- LHP Kyle Lobstein (BA #11) — 2nd Round (2008)
- RHP Deivis Mavares — NDFA (2007)
- RHP Jason McEachern (BA #25) — 13th round (2008)
- RHP Wilking Rodriguez (BA #17) –NDFA (2007)
- RHP Scott Shuman — 19th Round (2009)
- LHP Matthew Stabelfeld — 41st Round (2009)
- LHP Jake Sullivan — 22nd Round (2009)
- RHP Kirby Yates —
- Mayobanex Acosta — R/R — NDFA (2006)
- Tomas Francisco — R/R — NDFA (2006)
- Mark Thomas — R/R — 22nd Round (2006)
- SS — Tyler Bortnick — R/R — 16th round (2009)
- 3B — Julio Cedeno — R/R — NDFA (2006)
- 2B — Robi Estrada — S/R — 19th round (2006)
- SS — Diogenes Luis — S/R — NDFA (2006)
- 1B — Eli Sonoqui — L/L — 9th round (2006)
- 2B — Kyle Spraker — R/R — 34th round (2009)
- 1B — Ryan Wiegand — L/R — 25th round (2009)
- CF — Dustin Bell — L/R — 5th Round (2007)
- LF — Ty Morrison (BA #14) — L/R — 4th Round (2008)
- CF — Christopher Murrill — L/L — 35th Round (2009)
- RF — Brett Nommensen — L/L — 8th Round (2009)
The Legends moved a game ahead of Bowling Green in the full-season standings with a 3-1 victory in the “Battle for the BluGrass” Sunday. Bowling Green has to win the final two games of the season to finish ahead of their state rivals.
- The Legends report Brandon Wikoff’s two-run single in the seventh was the difference in their 3-1 victory.
- The Hot Rods report Shane Dyer held the Legends to one run in six innings in the 3-1 loss.
- Rehabbing Reds Jay Bruce and Ryan Hannigan were 6-10 with four runs scored in a 7-4 victory over Indianapolis.