- The Sun Belt Conference coaches have picked Western Kentucky University to finish fourth in the conference. The coaches also named WKU senior catcher Matt Rice, redshirt junior right-handed pitcher Rye Davis and junior outfielder Kes Carter to the preseason All-Sun Belt team.
- Nick Baumgardner of the Bowling Green Daily News reports the 2011 WKU team is not dwelling on the Hilltoppers’ late-season collapse last season.
- The Southeastern Conference has announced its 2011 television schedule, and the University of Kentucky will be featured in four national games this season: April 10 versus Auburn on CSS, April 23 versus Arkansas on FSN, April 28 at LSU on ESPNU and May 21 at Florida on Sports South.
- Brent Ingram of the UK media relations’ department also notes via Twitter that the Big Blue Sports Network will televise five to-be-announced UK home games.
- C. Ray Hall of The Courier-Journal reports the 2011 Louisville Bats figure to have plenty of familiar faces due to the depth of the Cincinnati Reds’ MLB roster.
The Southeastern Conference has released its Academic Honor roll, and six University of Kentucky baseball players were included on the list. Check out those players below with position and major:
- LHP John Carlson — Undergraduate Studies
- RHP Jordan Cooper — Business Management
- OF/RHP Sam Kidd — Communication
- C Luke Maile — Integrated Strategic Communication
- RHP Walter Wijas — Undergraduate Studies
- OF Brian Adams — Biology
Five of the six players, with Carlson being the lone exception, played in 2010. You can see all UK athletes who made the list here.