When the preliminary Arizona Fall League rosters came out two former UK Bat Cats were included, now both will miss out on Fall ball due to injury. Check out that story and more in today’s links:
- Hal McCoy of the Dayton Daily News says Louisville Bats pitching coach Ted Power should be the top candidate for the Reds’ vacant pitching coach position.
- The Hot Rods won Minor League Baseball’s promotion of the year for their “What Could’ve Been?” night.
- Tim Dierkes of MLBTradeRumors.com breaks down the Reds’ offseason outlook and concludes due to budget constraints the team will likely have to hope for contributions from 2009 Bats like Drew Stubbs.
- UK alum Collin Cowgill has been removed from the Scottsdale Scorpions’ roster in the AFL. I haven’t seen an official report, but I’d imagine the injury that cause Collin to miss most of the second half of the season probably contributed.
- None of the Kentucky players appeared in the Scottsdale/Peoria game in the AFL Wednesday.