During the regular season BluGrass Baseball publishes a daily roundup of Kentucky minor league action. We are going to try something similar during Spring Training to help you keep up with Kentuckians trying to make big league rosters across Florida and Arizona. Spring Training games began on Saturday, so check out the first roundup below:
- Former UK first baseman Ryan Strieby was 1-3 with one RBI for the Detroit Tigers.
- Atlanta Braves left-handed pitcher Jonny Venters, who was born in Pikeville, surrendered on hit and struck out one batter in a scoreless inning.
- In that same game Braves non-roster invitee Michael Broadway, a right-handed pitcher who was born in Paducah, was charged with a blown save after surrendering two runs on two hits in one inning.
- PLD alum A. J. Ellis was 0-2 for the Los Angeles Dodgers in a split-squad game versus the San Francisco Giants.
- Lexington native and former UK outfielder Collin Cowgill tallied a single in a pinch-hit appearance for the Arizona Diamondbacks.