Highlights and recaps from Tuesday Kentucky college baseball action:
- You can read the BluGrass Baseball recap of the University of Kentucky‘s 8-1 win over Eastern Kentucky University here.
- The University of Louisville scored single runs in the eighth and ninth innings, but its rally fell short in a 6-4 loss to Purdue. Freshman right-handed pitcher Dace Kime took the loss after surrendering four runs, one of which was earned, on one hit in one and two-third innings while striking out two batters and walking three. Junior second baseman Ryan Wright was 2-4 with one home run, one RBI and two runs scored, and freshman shortstop Alex Chittenden was 2-4 with two RBI. Junior right-handed pitcher Derek Self pitched well in relief, surrendering one unearned run on four hits in three and one-third innings. (Box Score)
- Western Kentucky University‘s game at Mississippi was rained out and will not be rescheduled. The two teams will still play Wednesday’s game.
Hitter of the day: SS Taylor Black (UK)
- Stats: 4-5, 1 3B, 1 2B, 1 RBI, 3 R
- Honorable Mention: Ryan Wright (UofL), Alex Chittenden (UofL), Brian Adams (UK)
Pitcher of the day: LHP Corey Littrell (UK)
- Stats: 1-0, 7 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 5 SO
- Honorable Mention: Braden Kapteyn (UK), Derek Self (UofL), Gabriel Shaw (UofL), Ryne Purcell (EKU)