Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- University of Louisville redshirt junior outfielder Stewart Ijames was named the Big East Conference player of the week.
- Morehead State University junior catcher Taylor Davis was named the Ohio Valley Conference player of the week.
- Bob Dutton of The Kansas City Star reports Elizabethtown native Nathan Adcock, a Rule 5 Draft pick, will open the season in the Kansas City Royals’ bullpen.
- Kendall Rogers of Perfect Game USA lists the UofL and Western Kentucky University among the 25 teams to watch outside of the website’s top 25 ranking.
- Mike DiGiovanna of The Los Angeles Times reports Louisville native and former UK left-handed pitcher Scott Downs threw off a mound on Monday for the first time since breaking his left big toe in March and hopes to return by mid-April.
- Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports Bowling Green native Corey Hart hopes to return from his strained rib-cage muscle in time for the Brewers series versus the Cubs April 8-10.
- Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com reports Ashland native and former UK right-handed pitcher Brandon Webb was pleased with his Monday bullpen session.
- Jeff Schuler of The Morning Call profiles Louisville native Matt Anderson who hopes to continue his comeback with the AAA Lehigh Valley IronPigs.