Highlights from Friday Kentucky MiLB action:
- The Bowling Green Hot Rods jumped out to an early lead and added three insurance runs in the seventh inning in a 6-3 win over Lake County. Catcher Lucas Bailey was 2-4 with one home run, one RBI and two runs scored.
- The Louisville Bats tallied just five hits in a 4-0 loss to Buffalo. Right-handed pitcher Chad Reineke took the loss after surrendering four runs on six hits in six innings while striking out one batter and walking two.
- Left-handed pitcher Mike Foltynewicz fell to 0-5 on the season after a 5-2 loss to Hagerstown. Foltynewicz surrendered three runs on eight hits in five innings while striking out four batters and walking two.
- Walton native and former NKU outfielder Jake Shaffer was 2-4 with one home run, four RBIs and one run scored for AA Jackson.
- Former UofL outfielder Josh Richmond was 2-4 with one home run, three RBIs and one run scored for low A Hickory.
- Former UK left-handed pitcher Andrew Albers took a no decision in his first start of the season for high A Fort Meyers after surrendering three runs on six hits in four innings while striking out two batters and walking two.
- Former UK first baseman Ryan Strieby was 2-5 with two doubles, one walk and one run scored for AAA Toledo.
- Former UofL third baseman Chris Dominguez was 2-6 with two runs scored for high A San Jose.
- St. Mary’s alum Shawn Roof was 2-3 with one walk and one RBI for low AA Hickory.
- Former UofL left-handed pitcher Zach Jackson, who transferred to Texas A&M before the draft, took a no decision after surrendering three runs on eight hits in six innings while striking out two batters while walking one.
- Lexington native Chaz Roe took a loss after surrendering five runs on nine hits in six innings while striking out eight batters and walking two.