Two more Kentucky natives are out of the playoffs. We’ll get into their future later today, but for now heres a look at some postseason wrap-ups and storylines:
- New York defeated Minnesota 4-1 to finish its sweep of the Twins. Morehead alum Jon Rauch allowed one run without recording an out in Sunday’s finale for the Twins.
- The Los Angeles Angels completed the sweep of the Boston Red Sox with a come-from-behind 7-6 victory. Louisville-native Paul Byrd didn’t appear in the series for Boston.
- UK alum Joe Blanton came out of the pen for the Phillies again, allowing one run in two and two-third innings in Philadelphia’s 6-5 victory.
- Fort Campbell-native Aaron Cook will now pitch game five (if necessary) on regular rest for the Rockies.
- According to the LA Times, Paul Byrd’s heart is still in Anaheim.