Highlights from Friday Kentucky MiLB action:
- The Louisville Bats snapped their eight-game winning streak with a 12-4 loss to Columbus. Designated hitter Wladimir Balentien was 2-4 with a triple, home run, two RBI and two runs scored.
- The Lexington Legends blew an 8-2 sixth inning lead in an eventual 10-8 loss to West Virginia. Catcher Ben Heath posted one of the best performances of the season, going 3-4 with three home runs, seven RBI and three runs scored.
- Danville native and 2010 Tigers draftee Patrick Cooper held the Bowling Green Hot Rods scoreless for six and one-third innings in a 4-2 West Michigan win. Cooper surrendered just two hits in the start.
- Former UK left-handed pitcher Chris Rusin won his second consecutive start for AA Tennessee after surrendering two unearned runs in six innings. Rusin struck out six and walked one.
- One-time UK outfielder Jason Kipnis was 2-5 with a home run, two RBI and one run scored for AA Akron.
- Former UK catcher and 2010 Astros NDFA Marcus Nidiffer was promoted to short-season Tri-City of the New York-Penn League where he went 1-3 in his debut.
- Former UK outfielder Sawyer Carroll slugged his seventh home run of the season for AA San Antonio.
- Former UofL infielder Chris Dominguez slugged his 18th home run and drove in four runs for low A Augusta.
- Former UofL left-handed pitcher Justin Marks picked up his second consecutive win after surrendering one run in six innings for high A Stockton.
- Former NKU left-handed pitcher and 2010 White Sox draftee Jarrett Casey surrendered just five hits in 10 shutout innings but still took a no decision for rookie-level Bristol.