Latest links from around Kentucky baseball:
- Aaron Fitt of Baseball America recaps University of Kentucky junior right-handed pitcher Alex Meyer‘s performance on Saturday and quotes one National League scouting director as projecting some team “to bite hard on Meyer” in the 2011 draft.
- Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports the Cardinals have optioned PRP alum Zack Cox to minor-league camp.
- Tim Booth of the Tri-City Herald profiles Louisville native Shawn Kelley‘s return from Tommy John surgery and reports Kelley hopes to be able to throw off a mound by June.
- The Associated Press reports Bowling Green native and Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Corey Hart may miss more time than originally anticipated after straining his left oblique.
- Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com reports Ashland native and former UK right-handed pitcher Brandon Webb felt fine during his latest bullpen session but was a little wild. Webb said he hopes to throw to live batters possibly after his next bullpen session.
- Nick Piecoro of the The Arizona Republic reports Webb said he has no hard feelings toward the Diamondbacks.