A host of Kentucky major league injury news broke Thursday. Check out those stories and more in some Friday morning links:
- Ashland native and former UK right-handed pitcher Brandon Webb confirmed rumors from the last month to Steve Gilbert of MLB.com: If Webb is to pitch in 2010 it will be as a reliever.
- In that same story, Gilbert writes Diamondbacks third baseman Mark Reynolds, born in Pikeville, is still feeling the effects of Tuesday’s hit-by-pitch to the head.
- Chris Haft of MLB.com reports the San Francisco Giants activated Louisville native and former Bellarmine right-handed pitcher Todd Wellemeyer from the disabled list. Wellemeyer lost his starting rotation spot while injured and will now pitch in long relief for the Giants.
- The Colorado Rockies placed right-handed pitcher Aaron Cook, born in Fort Campbell, on the 15-day disabled list with a sprained toe.
- Michael Grant of the Courier-Journal reports the Cincinnati Reds are not on the radio in Louisville after the local affiliates shut down and may not be for the rest of the season.